This is an 8-month challenge to help you focus on your ‘PhD’s (*Project Half Done). You know the ones. They are hanging around in your head and cluttering up your closets. They make you feel guilty, but you still haven’t finished them. They may be table runners, pillowcases, wall hangings, or full sized quilts! Join us for this fun challenge and earn your PhD! Not only will you be able to show off your finished projects, but you can brag that you have earned your PhD and will receive a diploma to prove it!
How do you participate? It’s easy!!!
- Complete a registration form.
- List 8 unfinished projects that you would like to complete over 8 months. Or If you have a large item, break it down into manageable steps and spread it out over a few months.
NOTE: Projects must already be ‘in progress’ (i.e. fabric must be at least cut out before the challenge starts on February 13th. This is NOT the time to begin that new project you are dying to dig into!) Those of you who are high achievers may want to finish one entire quilt every month. But those of us that are not so inclined or don’t have the time can proceed at a slower pace. Set realistic goals for completion each month. I want to make this fair and fun for everyone. The intent is to complete the projects we’ve started but not finished!
- List the steps that you will complete that month. NO, you can’t send it out to get longarm quilted and claim that as the step you have completed that month! However, you can bind it and claim that as your step.
- Take a picture of your registration form and email it to AuntJudysAttic@gmail.com (subject: PhD) or bring a copy into the store. Posting it will keep you motivated! Don’t forget to keep a copy of this form for yourself so that you remember what you need to work on each month and you can check it off when completed.
- You will have 1 month (from Terrific Tuesday to Terrific Tuesday) to complete each set of steps that you have listed. You can complete the steps for that month in any order that suits you. When you reach your goal(s) post the picture of the monthly goal item that you have completed on Aunt Judy’s Attic Facebook page or bring the finished item to Show and Tell at Terrific Tuesday each month.
- Names of those who have completed their Challenge for the month will be put into a drawing for a Small Monthly Prize – drawn at each Terrific Tuesday. After each monthly drawing, they will be added to the jar for a Large Final Prize on October 9th (8 opportunities by October Terrific Tuesday).
- To receive your PHD* diploma you must complete all 8 month goals listed in your registration form.
ON YOUR MARK - GET SET -SEW…
To download a printable copy of the challenge rules, click here.
To download the PhD Challenge Registration Form, click here. Turn in completed form to Judy before February 13th.
To view a sample of completed form, click here.