In class, we will cover:
Cutting and printing on fusible web
Fusing web to fabrics
Adjusting our machines
Using a satin stitch or a blanket stitchSupply List Fabric Supplies -
Width of Fabric (wof) measurements are calculated as 40"
- Main Leaf Body: 4 different fabrics, one square for each leaf - 8 1/2" x 8 1/2".
- Leaf Stem: Dark brown - 3 1/2" x 3 1/2"
- Background: four squares measuring 11" x 11". If using yardage, you will need at least 22" x wof. Feel free to use a different background square for each leaf. Pick a background that coordinates with your leaves, but it will also let your leaves stand out. The instructor recommends a light fabric, a blender or a solid.
- Thread: select one or more threads that match your leaf fabric. Also, bring a thread to match your stem fabric.
- Bobbin(s): for each color of thread you bring, bring a bobbin wound with that color of thread.
- Heat N Bond Lite Fusible Web - at least 22" x 17".
- Mixed Media Scissors (sharp) - ones you do not mind using to cut fabric and paper.
- Rotary Cutter, Mat & Ruler - Long ruler, about 24" long.
- Fine point fabric marking tool
- Sewing Machine - the machine must at least have zig-zag stitching capabilities. Must also be able to adjust the stitch length and width. We will be adjusting machine tension in class, so it would be best if you are able to adjust the tension. If you are unsure, contact the instructor and a meeting can be set up before class.
- Open Toe Applique Foot - Allows for easy viewing of your applique stitching. This foot has a groove on the underside for applique stitches to pass under easily. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED. If you do not have one, contact Judy to order one for you. She will need to know your sewing machine Make and Model.